The budding artist is a cultural project initiated by the Association des francophones du Nord-Ouest de l’Ontario, AFNOO, and implemented by the Centre francophone de Thunder Bay, with the support of Canadian Heritage and the Ontario Trillium Foundation.
The goal of this program was to allow Francophones from Northwestern Ontario to participate in training workshops in painting.
Budding artist is :
A program for amateur artists:
Virtual drawing and acrylic painting workshops, led by Yuk Sem Won, the professional painter;
- French animations for Francophones of Northwestern Ontario, from 8 years old and up;
- This program which ran for four weeks (between August 4 and 29, 2020) included classes and mentoring for two hours per week via the Zoom online platform as well as study exercises to develop techniques ;
- Kits containing all the art materials needed during the course sessions are provided by the program before the course begins;
- The program had 21 participants from Northwestern Ontario ranging from 8 to 60+;
- The program includes process, theory, technique, and the completion of a final project for the regional exhibition!
The realization of works and tutoring by professional artists :
We brought together 4 professional artists from Northwestern Ontario who created an acrylic painting on a 16×20 canvas around a specific Northwestern Ontario theme and participated in an online interview about their art, process and analysis of their final piece.